Why hello again. It’s been quite a while…
For a long time, I grew disinterested in writing on the blog. My life started moving in a direction where time to write was sparse, and there wasn’t too much for me to write about, so I didn’t.
Fast forward several years. Life has changed. Here’s what’s different:
- “20-something teacher” is now more like “almost 30 year old school administrator.”
- I’m getting excited to train for marathon #5, in Chicago again. And maybe, just maybe, getting to the other side of 4:30.
- I’ve also got my sights set on a faster half marathon (sub 2 hours or bust).
- New place, new roommate. Or a repeat roommate, if you count us growing up in the same house. Hey sis.
- Finally added a new continent to my list of places to go!
- And I’ve got a new best friend now. People like him more than they like me, usually.
Loads of the same though, too.
- I still love working out.
- I still don’t do it as much as I want to.
- I still love food, and am always trying the perfect balance of eating and exercising.
- I still am looking for my way to connect with people, create something meaningful, and make an impact.
I’m honestly not quite sure what will come of writing for this blog again. Today, it was a means to express myself. I also think I need to get back on the bandwagon of broadcasting my lifestyle choices; it’s always been the best way to hold myself accountable, and apparently it’s unwise to live off of Cadbury chocolate eggs and stovetop popcorn. I’d love for you to join me on this journey, wherever it leads.